PFE Scholarship Program
The Partnering for Eternity (PFE) Scholarship Program has been helping cultivate relationships between mentors and students at Seventh-day Adventist academies and elementary schools since 2006.
The goal of the program is for students and mentors to create intergenerational relationships and experience the blessing of service.
In the process, students receive scholarship for their tuition and mentors receive the gift of friendship and ability to bestow their knowledge and skills on to a younger generation, hopefully making an impact for years to come.
OAKS has the privilege to participate in this unique program. Our students, along with their parents, bring joy to the lives of senior citizens through fun activities such as visiting, reading, cooking together, and playing games. As the young people build generational bridges and learn the value of service, they also benefit from the wisdom and mentorship of the older adults. In the process their time together helps finance the student’s Christian Education.
Student Participant Requirements
- Commitment to visit a mentor once a week for one hour
- Parent attendance with the student at each visit
- Desire to serve, grow, and build a friendship with a mentor
- Willingness to learn from a mentorship
How does it work?
- Choose a mentor such as a church member, neighbor, or family friend (no relatives).
- Visit this mentor for one hour, once a week.
- Submit reflections about the visit online.
- Receive tuition grant of $35 for each one-hour visit. The scholarship may cover up to a quarter of the student’s tuition when visits are faithfully completed.
To learn more about the PFE Scholarship Program, please talk to someone in the OAKS Office.